28 September 2006

Ouch!

So, I bent over today to pick up my pants and WHAM! I felt like someone poleaxed me in the lower back.

OK, so I have no idea what it actually feels like to be poleaxed. I suspect I would not have felt a whole lot in truth, if someone had actually swung a 7' long medievel axe and hit me in the lumbar area.

But it still hurt.

On a completely unrelated note, I have updated my links in the right-hand column. Specifically, I have added a link to a blog written by a very close friend, whose opinions and convictions are very close to my own. You might enjoy his POV, you might not, but you will definitely be enlightened by reading it.

http://historicalperspective.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger MindMechanic said...

Hey Buzz...any idea yet as to what 'hit' you?

I'd hate to think it is the welcoming sign of old age...

6:25 PM  
Blogger Buzz Carter said...

Nice. And this after I gave you some (limited) respect in this very post.

Besides, you're older than I...and always will be!

8:31 PM  
Blogger MindMechanic said...

Oh trust me...my body will never let me forget that I am at that stage. Thats how I know the signs!

Wait till you start making "the sounds..."

10:35 PM  
Blogger MindMechanic said...

Hey...

Doesnt the jungle camo over the desert camo defeat the purpose for wearing it in the first place???

6:27 PM  
Blogger Buzz Carter said...

MM,
You are correct, sir.

However, since Afghanistan (where the original picture was taken) is not truly a desert, any more than say, Utah, it doesn't really matter. Besides, the facial camo was added only when I prepared this pic for posting and serves only to hide my features so as not to scare anyone who might happen onto my blog for the first time.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home