06 July 2006

Disjointed thoughts, or miscellaneous wisdom

Whichever sounds better.

* I have always wondered, why do people perform hunger strikes? I mean, really, if someone or some regime is doing things that you disagree with, what makes you think that starving yourself is going to change their mind? Would it/they not rather just wait until you died of hunger? That way, you would no longer be around to cause them trouble. They could even say that they tried to help you eat. They could provide all kinds of food for you all the while continuing the things that caused you to begin your hunger strike in the first place, thus ensuring that you will continue your hunger strike. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

* If I was ever going to take over the universe as evil overlord, there are a few things that I would do. First, if I ever had my only nemesis in my power, I would immediately shoot him in the head. Following that, I would personally supervise his body being put into an incinerator and being consumed by the flames until he was only so much ash and bone fragments. Then, I would scatter half of the ashes over the ocean, and the other half I would keep in my possession, to ensure that nothing would ever happen to it. I would also never explain my plan to the my enemies, especially not right before they were about to be killed by me. If they asked why or how I could do such a thing, I would say, “Let me explain,” and then I would shoot them. More evil overlords have been dethroned for wanting their enemies to understand than for any other reason.

* Another thing: Why do the evil overlords always treat their own men like disposable trash? If I was evil overlord, my soldiers would live like kings. People would be lining up to join the elite corps of my personal body guard, because they would have everything they wanted, whenever they wanted it—women, wine, song, whatever. I would never kill any of them myself, and would never give them a chance to ever be bribed or otherwise influenced to betray me.

* I saw something on another blog today purporting to be a version of the infamous “Nigerian Scam,” only from the widow of Enron CEO Kenneth Lay. It was, however, quite possibly a joke, albeit not very funny. More ironic than funny—or would that be enronic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home