28 June 2006

How about a Joke?

Philip decided he would like a pet, but he was on a budget. He perused the classified ads in the newspaper every day, hoping to find a good dog or cat he could bring home and make his own. One day, he saw the following ad:

Talking Dog--$10.00--and then the address.

"this I have to see," Philip thought. So he went to the address listed in the ad.

When a man answered the door, Philip asked if he could see the dog. "Sure," the man said. "He's in the back room watching TV."

Philip went back and sure enough, the dog sat there, remote in one hand, beer in the other, watching television. "Hey, how ya doin'?" asked the dog.

"Wow!" cried Philip. "You really can speak!"

"Of course I can," said the dog. "I speak very well."

"Well," Philip said, "I am looking for a pet. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"

"All right," said the dog. "I spent the early years of my life amusing my first owner, until he realized my potential. Then we spent several years touring the world, hitting the talk show circuit, carnivals, circuses and the like. When 9-11 happened, I felt the need to give back something to the community. I enlisted in the K9 Corps, training to be a bomb-sniffing dog. I spent about 18 months over in Afghanistan and Iraq, working with EOD and the 3rd and 10th Infantry Divisions. I was decorated several times, including the 3 Silver Stars. But I burned out pretty quickly, and after I was wounded by a roadside bomb, I was medically discharged, came here and hooked up with my current owner. I live off my disability income, so as not to be a burden to anyone."

"That's amazing!" Philip said. He walked out into the front room to talk to the man at the door. "I want to buy your dog," he said, "but I have to know one thing: why are you selling him for only $10.00?"

The man replied, projecting his voice into the back room, "Because he's a BIG LIAR!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home